The following are resources to further understand and respond appropriately to the dangers of online predators.
- FBI Parent’s Guide to Internet Safety – The FBI has provided a guide for parents to help their children use the Internet safely.
- NetSafe Utah Project – This project provides presentations, workshops, and online resources for children and parents to understand how to be safe while using the Internet.
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children – The leading nonprofit organization in the U.S. working on issues related to missing and sexually exploited children. (Click here to listen to my interview with John Shehan, executive director of the exploited children division of the NCMEC.)
- NCMEC CyberTipline – The CyberTipline receives leads and tips regarding suspected crimes of sexual exploitation committed against children. This is where online predators should be reported.
- National Sex Offender Registry – The U.S. Department of Justice provides information to the public on the whereabouts of registered sex offenders regardless of state boundaries.